Watkins Glen and the SCCA share a past dating back to the 1940s, and the SCCA Archives help preserve that history
When drivers and race fans recount the bucket list of great race tracks they aspire to visit, Watkins Glen International usually is among the first to be named. This year heralds the 70th anniversary of racing at Watkins Glen, commencing with the first SCCA sanctioned race in 1948 over 6.6 miles of public streets. Subsequently moved to a dedicated facility in 1956, the Glen and its rich racing history continues to draw the best racers and most ardent race fans to this day.
This article first appeared in the October 2018 issue of SportsCar magazine.
Read the full article below:2018-10-062-SC1018